Saturday, November 23, 2013

November in a Nutshell

It's hard to believe that we are in the latter part of November, with Thanksgiving days away and Christmas chomping at the bit! I came across the place setting above on Pinterest, and plan on dressing my table the same. My grandmother's china and silver will look great with the simplicity of this, and I love to keep the place settings I make each year....these will be good to add to my memory lane.

This lovely bugger has been a part of my life for almost six weeks, and has messed with my daily rituals. I am in s-l-o-w motion, something I am not accustomed to. Sure hoping that the Doctor will tell me at my appointment this Monday that the stress fracture I had is healed...
In the beginning I thought a little bling can perk anything up ~ but it was very short-lived!

My little baby turned double digits!
And it makes this mamma sad, it all goes too fast...
Do you agree?

I had a little photo shoot of my work space, and the two quilts for my sons that gave birth to Dolce Dreams....however my eldest was not too good at focusing! A re-shoot is in order...

Winter has finally arrived here in Las Vegas, the Sheep Mountains that we see from our home are covered in snow and the temperatures have dropped...

Which means that lovely pots of soup are on the stovetop...

And the fireplace is going strong...
Guess who is parked in front of it in heavenly bliss?

How is your November coming along? Are you all ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas, or are you going slow like me?

Somehow it always pulls together!

xo,
Nathalie

top image via pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that placemat, Nathalie! I want to see pictures of what was written on them afterwards. And that soup looks so good. I think you should get out the Christmas decorations (not too early, right?) and wrap several of those long colorful beads around that lovely bugger to really make it festive. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving! So grateful you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NATALIE!

    Good morning and I am so sorry to see you are in a cast! I wish you speedy healing! I love that you have a pretty bling thing on your cast so you can look down on your foot and at least see something lovely.

    Thank you for coming over; we had a lovely Thanksgiving meal with a friend at our home, and it was fabulous. I hope you had a great meal with your family! Now the countdown is on for Christmas!

    Big hugs! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathalie, I spotted the Italian title at Anita's and I could not resist. I'm only Italian at heart, but as far as I'm concerned, that counts too. :)
    Happy birthday to your baby. Mine are 20 and 24 and I still call them my chickadees.
    Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your website post. Brown and I are actually saving to get a new guide on this subject matter and your writing has made us to save money. Your ideas really solved all our problems. In fact, more than what we had recognized prior to when we stumbled on your superb blog. My partner and i no longer have doubts including a troubled mind because you truly attended to our own needs in this post. Thanks

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!