Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Raising Money for Alzheimers


For the past 4 or 5 years I have been fortunate to attend the "Power of Love" Gala Event that raises huge amounts of money for The Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. It is an over the top Event that I worry about what to wear months in advance! Last year honored Muhammed Ali, and every top boxer alive was there to party with him. This year, the celebration was for Quincy Jones and Sir Michael Caine's 80th Birthdays. The entertainment is unbelievable, as are the Silent and Live Auctions, food (this year by Wolfgang Puck and Gordon Ramsay), and the wines to accompany (Dom Perignon flows freely). Rough estimates are tabulating the money raised that night at anywhere from 16 to 20 million dollars...What a night!

So I thought I would share a few of my favorite performances...
Bono doing Sinatra (above) was my personal favorite...

Hearing Jennifer Hudson Live gave goosebumps!
Snoop is never one to bore...
And the Grand Finale was a rendition by all present of "We Are The World", that Quincy Jones produced oh so many years ago.

And that was a Vegas night out that I have to share with you! I live here but these nights are rare for me, I far prefer to be at home with my family these days...

The Alzheimers fact that I didn't want to hear...

50% of us over 80 will get Alzheimers...

Let's keep raising $$$ to help fund the research fighting it!


xo,
Nathalie

7 comments:

  1. Hey Nath this sounds amazing but I couldn't see your photos. Might be my computer but thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha I don't know what happened...they are You Tube videos of the performances, and were there earlier! I will have to see what I can do when I am back at my computer!
      Nathalie

      Delete
    2. Hmmm I am seeing the you tube's on my computer, but did not have them on my phone? Oh well I so appreciate the heads up Martha!
      Nathalie

      Delete
  2. Nathalie sounds like a fabulous evening for truly a great cause. Thanks for sharing your evening with us.. xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia ~ I hope you have some sunshine! Do you know we are jumping back and forth from swimming weather to wore my winter coat and freezing at a lacrosse game this evening. How I wish the weather Gods would go back to tradition!
      xo!

      Delete
  3. What a terrific evening, dear Nathalie...so exciting...
    May there be a cure someday, sweet friend...
    My Grandfather as well as his sister suffered from this terrible disease.

    Blessings and hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irina, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather...I know it is so hard on families :(. I take my 1000 mg of omega 3's and do my Lumosity brain training!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!