Friday, April 5, 2013

Northern Cal

Happy Friday!
It is hard to believe that I've been back from our trip to Northern California for a week...catching up and getting back into the groove was rough. Especially since my eldest, who hasn't been sick for two years, was hit hard with a bug that lasted the entire trip . It really stunk because he felt the worst on his birthday. Luckily, we managed to get some great photos, that make it all look good!

We were blessed with a magnificent sunny day our first day...this is my hometown, and I can tell you from experience that a sunny day like we had is something to celebrate!

I lived blocks from the Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina growing up, and it is always one of my favourite places to visit.

The view from Fisherman's Wharf


The difference a day can make...the view from Sausalito,in Marin, where I also lived for many years. Now this would be the normal foggy view (how lucky we were the day before!)

Santa Cruz is my husband's home town. I was slightly peeved that the boys seemed to like it there more. Maybe it was the beach and the roller coaster on the pier? Another marvelous sunny day!




One of my favourite Santa Cruz locals that we came across, typing poetry on an old typewriter...classic!

And again, the difference a day can make!

It was wonderful to get away, and show the boys where we grew up (quite a bit different than the desert here in Las Vegas)...
But there is nothing like home....
(especially with a sick boy).

I'm looking forward to a weekend of gardening and watching and waiting for our pool to heat up. The boys have already jumped in, but at 70 it will take at least another 10 to 15 degrees for me!

A belated Happy Easter to you,

Enjoy your weekend,
xo,
Nathalie

5 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie, what could be finer.....Northern California, SONS, sunshine, A STREET POET in the process of composing on an old machine? THERE IS MAGIC left in this world! What a super holiday you had! And dearest, I never made it to California; plans had to be changed at the last minute, but one day, ONE DAY!

    Thank you for coming to visit me. Welcome home and ENJOY SPRING! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures!! I can't wait to visit northern California someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to live in. It makes me want to pack up and move. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...how you make me miss it! I spent my early teenage years in the City and miss it so. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures and your family. How great to have shown the boys your favorite haunts. Did you eat any good food in NorthBeach? Stop by any parks? Living in Marin is my dream... Someday! To be 30-45 minutes from any function or restaurant or museum or art show but be living in the sunshine, out of the fog and away from the pavement!! Perfect! Hope you had a marvelous time and keep those photos comin'!
    Bisous, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos look amazing.
    I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!