Monday, January 7, 2013

Gifting

So Christmas has come and gone...in a whirlwind it feels like! My boys are back in school, surgery on my hand over and done with...whew! Ready for a new year and all that it will bring. I was reminiscing over a few of my favourite gifts that I gave and received, and thought I'd share a few.

I had shared Puur Anders work before here, and at that time went ahead and had necklaces made for my mother and sister of this beautiful photo of my grandmother, to keep her close to our hearts. I am SO pleased with how they turned out! Miranda was a delight to work with, and they did not take long at all to be completed and shipped from the Netherlands. If you are looking for a special gift, please visit her shop HERE.

Again I had shared Daniel Fleming's work before also...and had purchased several sets of "helping hands" to give to some of my dear friends. They are just so exquisite, this is definitely a fabulous gift to have on hand. My girlies loved them...as I love mine. Daniel Fleming's shop is HERE.

As for my favourite gifts that I received... I gifted myself the  necklace and bronze hands ( had to!), so they are also in my top three. But I was giddy when I opened the snake bracelet, above, by Anna Dello Russo for H&M....LOVE IT! They only had the line in LA on the West Coast, and of course my mother told me she could'nt make it there when I asked her to stop by for me to do some shopping. The quality is excellent (most of these designer for shop lines are not), and now I am thinking of visiting Ebay for the emerald necklace....
I love you Maman!

In Chinese Astrology, both myself and my eldest son are born in the Year of the Snake, which is coming up in February. I can't wait to go and soak up some energy in Chinatown to celebrate.

Year of the Snake, Pantone colour for 2013 Emerald...
Yes, this bracelet is perfect!

Do you have a favourite gift that you gave or received?
What was it?

Have a great week!
xo,
Nathalie


3 comments:

  1. Natalie!

    Hello there my dear! I am glad to hear that you finally had the surgery that you needed. It will take time to heal, but I am very happy to know that you are able to type. Blessings of complete healing to you my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gifts! And this is your year, chere amie!!
    Actually, my favorite gift was for my birthday (November)...a new camera...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!