Thursday, November 1, 2012

November


"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
 At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow." -   Elsie N. Brady, Leaves


November 1st, and the weather changed immediately here...it was dark as can be when my alarm went off...and I see the leaves fluttering off of the trees. So much going on this month, with our election here, the East Coast needing tender care after Sandy,  and my little baby turns 9 on the 21st (where did those years go?) Thanksgiving to be planned... my favourite holiday!

In the midst of the chaos, I think November reminds us to be thankful...
You can always find something to be thankful for, that's what my Grandmother has always said...

My wish for you is that your thankful list is long!

xox,
Nathalie

photo above...Hyde Park Corner, Vogue, 1951, by Norman Parkinson

3 comments:

  1. Happy November my friend!! I know even when my days are dark - I have many things to be thankful for. Blessing to you ...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely warm here in the Pacific NW. Nearly 75 yesterday. Very unusual. And the best thing I can do for my mood and my life is my gratitude list. Hope you enjoy the start of the holiday season, Nathalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful poem this is! I clearly states the movement of the seasons! Natalie dearest, thank you for visiting me! I am finding myself really busy now, selling to more retailers and locals! Enjoy your day; I am rushing out to get my day started! Anita

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!