Friday, October 5, 2012

October Weekend...

How I love Fall...
And I have Faith that it is finally going to arrive this weekend! Slowly but surely the temperatures will drop...
This unbelievable sculpture/wood carving of a young tree within a tree, by Giuseppe Penone, speaks of Fall to me ~

Amazing, no?

 "The Recent Life Within" recently exhibited at The Art Gallery of Ontario ~
All I can think of here is the splinters!

This small church in Yosemite is where I would like to go this weekend for a Spiritual Fall retreat ~ isn't it stunning!?

Happy October,

xo,
Nathalie

Giuseppe Penone via Lost at E Minor
Small Church in Yosemite via Flickr

4 comments:

  1. Living in Toronto I recognized our tree right away!! Very cool, I love wandering thru the AGO... turns out it's a great spot to take dates. lol

    Autumn is one of my favorite times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree within a tree is so clever and yes, it's hard not to think of splinters! That tiny church nestled in the woods is amazing. A good spot to meditate. Wishing you cooler temps and a lovely Autumn weekend Nathalie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon precious Natalie!

    Oh, I hope you get your fall SOON because it is truly a time to nestle into your HOME space and take in the beauty. THANK YOU for visiting and yes, isn't home a grand place to be? I am very connected to my childhood in my home space and I just recently had that experience, given that I am now HOME and not working. I will be however, a substitute but only three days a week. It has been a pleasure to be at home, creating.

    Many hugs to you and enjoy the week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nathalie

    What a beautiful tribute to Autumn and I did recognize the image from the AGO. (Frank Genry designed this wing of the gallery)

    The church is spectacular and reminds me of a painting "Indian Church" by a Emily Carr.

    Thank you for a post filled with beauty and promise

    Helen

    PS I have returned from Ireland and this weekend we celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving at a lake, in a cabin snug and warm by the fire

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!