Sunday, September 9, 2012

An Extended Break..

I didn't mean to be away so long!
I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of Fall, and enjoyed the summer ~
I don't know why, maybe because my boys are getting older, my business busier...but the summer seemed to FLY by!
A little re-cap of where I've been...

I took a quick trip to surprise my Grandmother, who turns 91 this month. It was wonderful, she is doing fantastic, and warmed my heart immensely.

School started within days of my return...
The first day of JR High ~ 

And Third Grade...
I have the elementary school down pat after years of attending there, but with everything new at Jr High, I am still swimming in paperwork and school meetings...

Football season is here, and that means football practice...times two, in two different places this year.

My eldest is training hard for his Black Belt test in Karate, and my youngest just started...of course the classes are different days, so that is 5 times a week :)
BUT! I joined a Bodysculpting gym there, so now I get a little added incentive to go...

Dolce Dreams is busy busy busy, and I have to figure out where I am going with it...I am trying to set up a room as a workspace of my own ( I used to have several spots throughout the house)...
This space above is such an inspiration!
The first week of school, and we all got sick with a rotten lingering cold that set us back a bit. Tis the Season!

This past week was a rough one...
I lost two wonderful women in my life...
One that bravely fought breast cancer for years ~
And a very close friend of our family, who was in her car at 3pm at an intersection blocks from my home, when she was killed by a teenager on drugs who ran a red light.
Tough, really tough...
Heaven now has two more beautiful angels...

I will end with a positive, a blessing of joyous life...
My new little niece that makes my heart swoon! 
She brings me so much joy, and her Mamma,one of my dearest friends who has wanted this angel for sooo long...
She of course will be spoiled endlessly by me, and is my muse for Dolce Dreams, so be prepared to see more of her!

And that my dear blogging friends is that..
La Vita...
The good and the bad, it is what keeps us ticking.
I miss the comraderie of my visits, and the delightful comments that you leave.

I hope to be back regularly, but with this roller coaster I am on, I will do my best!

What is going on with you? I haven't been visiting, so tell me, tell me!

xo,
Nathalie

pictures by moi and via pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, I have missed you SO!!! But I am so glad to see that you have been blessed with the companionship of your grandmother, your children, and that your business is flourishing! I NEED HELP! My sales have stopped and I have no idea what to do.

    I am SO SORRY to hear of these two women who lost their lives. Oh dear, live really is to be savored for whatever we have been granted. I have to remember this.

    Thank you for your kind words and visit today! It is wonderful to see your beautiful face! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to hear from you again. Many of us must "Rest the Blog" now and then because life continues whether we have time to write or not. It sounds like your life has been busy and full and that, in the end, is most important. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathalie, lovely to see you back again. It sure was a busy summer! Our boys are also back in school and taekwondo and hockey are starting in earnest...back to those cold ice rinks.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your two friends. Reading it, I felt quite sad but also angry and the drugs-related accident...there is just no excuse for that type of selfishness.
    Anyway, also thrilled to hear about the new little baby niece...wish we had one in our family.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, dear friend!
    Wow, truly a roller-coaster you have had...
    Mine just started middle school as well...a whole new world, isn't it?
    All the best to your sweet boys!
    And I am so glad to see your grandma doing well, a new baby in the family...and your business is thriving...beautiful.
    Much love,
    - Irina

    My heart goes out to you with the losses you have had...so very sorry, dear Nathalie.

    I thank you so much for coming to visit me...and I look forward to getting back to my dear blog friends as well...miss you!
    Much

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!