Monday, July 16, 2012

A Burst of Colour

Niagara Falls in colour...
WOW!
WOW!
WOW!
WOW!
WOW!

I came across these pictures of the Festival of Lights at My Modern Metropolis, and they certainly brightened my day...
so had to share!

I visited the Falls as a child, but they were nothing like this...

Incredible, no?

I love colour and lights....maybe a little of Vegas is rubbing off on me!

The other side of the spectrum...
the Falls, frozen, suspended in time ~

Have you ever been? I would love to go and see them lit like this, however I appreciate them au naturel in all of their glory too.

Speaking of Canada, KD Lang put on the best performance I have ever seen! Her tour has just started, if you are a fan I highly recommend going, you won't be disappointed. Sitting 20 rows back at The Smith Center, our new high tech Performing Arts Center, and hearing her sing "Hallelujah"...was life changing!
Not only her voice, and her band...but she is an amazing performer and entertainer whose enjoyment on stage is infectious....she had 3 standing ovations...I would go again in a heartbeat.

How's your weather? Here in the desert in Las Vegas, we have had the most bizarre weather ~  we went from 112 (typical) to 80 and crazy thundershowers, with lightning and hail! We have had more rain in 3 days than we get all year...

Changes are upon us ~


Have a great week!

xo,
Nathalie

my pinterest boards are beach inspired this week...
see them here

all pictures via My Modern Metropolis and Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Nathalie , KD Lang is amazing, what a thrill it must have been to see her and sounds like you had some fabulous seats!!!

    Oh Niagara is a spectacular beauty no matter the season. Hubby and I have been speaking of going for a week-end with friends and doing a Niagara-on-the-lake wine tour and definitely a visit to the falls. It has been years since I was there.

    As you probably know we have been getting the extra temps you are missing. Southwestern Ontario has had so many heat wave alerts this year. Tomorrow we are expected to hit mid 40s and with humidity feeling closer to high 40s -into 50s!! We have been staying inside as much as possible.

    Was in Windsor this week-end for Matthew's 1st bday ...and thought of your grandmother as we passed the Sarnia exit. (Said a little prayer for her).

    Hope all is well my friend. xo Hugs, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sight! When the photo caught my eye I thought it was a painting.. Breathtaking.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nathalie

    We frequently go to Niagara Falls and it is always different and always spectacular. I liken it to the Grand Canyon.

    Wishing you a joyful week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am going to see if she is making a stop in MN....I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!
    And these photos! It looks like gigantic gorgeous ribbons!
    I did visit the falls when I was 13...so beautiful...
    These are magical photos indeed..thank you so much for sharing :)
    What a strange year for weather...we are sweltering up here...we need your rain :)
    Here's to milder and sunny days...
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL NATALIE!!!!!!!!!!

    SO GOOD TO SEE YOU DEAREST HEART! Yes, we have ALL experienced the strangest weather, and we were SEVEN WEEKS ahead on spring arriving here. Now were are having the worst heat wave come through here, but it is still very beautiful.

    Thank you for visiting my dear friend, but now I must go and see if my house guest is waking up!! BISOUS
    OH, LOVE THESE COLOR PICS of the FALLS!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is incredible color!! OMyGawsh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!!! Absolutely stunning photos. I've never been there...it would be incredible to see in person I'm sure.

    Have a great week!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I agree...that is so fabulous. They turned a daytime beauty of the land into a night time beauty too. Ha, small blog world, I also visit 4 of the 7 bloggers commenting here. PS I am your current newest follower! Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!