Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vegas, Baby...

There's nothing like being a tourist in your own town...
I hope your long weekend was as much fun as mine! We had dear o-l-d (as in many shared memories) friends in town, all the way from Qatar (they had so many great stories, I would love to visit them there!)...  We played tourist and had a grand time, my big excitement was visiting the Neon Graveyard that I have wanted to go to for the 8 years I have been here. They will have the official museum open in the Fall if all goes well, and you will be able to just walk in...but for now, you do have to book tickets in advance if you are coming to town. You can do that HERE. I had so many favourite shots, it was hard to narrow it down...




















Some of them are so big, that it was over $200,000 to move them...Crazy!
I was looking for the "Sin" sign to take a picture, but was told that they move the letters around periodically to make new words...and "Sin" is now gone...
The tour was great, and we learned alot about Vegas "History"...I would put it at the top of the list if you are coming to town.




The end of the weekend was poolside with my husband's famous ribs...5 racks were gone within an hour...delizioso!

I haven't relaxed in far too long, it was much needed...

How about you, how was your weekend? Are you ready for summer ?

Have a great (short) week!

xo,
Nathalie

6 comments:

  1. These pics are fantastic Nathalie and everything I would expect from a place like Vegas...I'd definitely like to visit one day
    And those ribs...yum! they look sooo delicious, not surprised to hear that they disappeared very quickly! Have a great rest of the week xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nataie

    It is so much fun entertaining guests in one's hometown. There are always new discoveries. Qatar sounds fascinating and I hope you visit.
    Wishing you a week of joy
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had a great weekend, dear Nathalie! What a fun treat to see Vegas history...
    We had a fairly quiet weekend here, spent some time with family. It is wonderful to relax, I agree!
    The boys are home from school soon, I would imagine?
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  4. NATALIE!!!!!!!!

    Though I have never ever been to your town, these old signs are reminiscent of a time when such locations were all the JET SET RAGE and I so love the glitter and light of these old signs!!!!

    Ooooooo.....are you getting ready my dear for our Paris getaway? JUNE 8!!!! GET SET!!!!

    Thank you so much for your lovely visit sweet one. HAVE A GREAT DAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing...miss you my friend!
    darcy Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ribs look scrumptious, Nathalie! Hope your week is going well. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!