Monday, May 14, 2012

Culture in Las Vegas ~ The Smith Center

photo via google

I hope everyone was spoiled over the weekend, whether or not you are a mother...
I was treated to an evening with my boys to visit "The Smith Center", Las Vegas' new
Performing Arts Center...
Ten years in the making, and 470 million dollars later, culture starved residents like myself have been lying in wait for its opening. With the 2,050 seat Reynolds Hall, 258 seat Cabaret Jazz Theater, and the 250 seat Troesh Studio Theater, it has immense capability to house the incredible play list coming to town, in addition to our own Ballet and Philharmonic.


photo via google

It is the first LEED certified performing arts venue of its size in the country...
We saw the Philharmonic performing Dvorak's "From the New World", Beethoven's " Consecration of the House Overture", and Respighi's "The Pines of Rome."
I was so impressed with everything...and to see that it was packed gives tribute to those of us that live in "Sin City" but do not partake in the city's allure. Apparently it has been sold out since the opening in March. I am returning in July to see K.D.Lang, and will really look forward to hearing her stunning voice with the incredible acoustics there.

My boys and I....we had a full day of football playoff games in 95 degree temps, they really rallied to have a "Mom" night out!

via pinterest

Don't you just ADORE these graphics?! I found this on Pinterest...if you know who to credit, please let me know!
Speaking of Pinterest, my board theme this week is my favourite shade of blue...
that lovely robins egg Tiffany blue...
Pop over to see them HERE, and if you Follow me I shall Follow you back!

Happy Monday!
Have a great week,

xo,
Nathalie

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! And look at your boys. HOW PROUD YOU HAVE TO BE!!!!!

    My dear, how ROMANTIC that you were asked to be married on the EIFFEL TOWER?????? NOW THAT IS A GREAT post! THANK YOU FOR VISITING and for joining in on the fun! I will put your name on the list! HAVE FUN BREWING UP AN IDEA! More info to come! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You have such a lovely family!

    The Smith Center is stunning. A place my family would enjoy also. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
    xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour chere Nathalie,
    I am so glad to know you had a terrific Mother's Day...those boys of yours are such gentlemen!
    And how happy I am for you, and for the city, that you have such a fantastic cultural space.
    The concert sounds fabulous...I am so hoping that our MN Orchestra stays intact. They are having major budget issues, so fingers crossed here.
    And I love K.D. Lang..out of this world talent...ENJOY!
    Bises,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!