Monday, April 23, 2012

Pasta Perfetto

Thirteen years ago we received a pasta machine from my dear friend Ellie as a wedding gift, and it has lain in the box untouched....until Friday, when my husband decided to give it a go...

It doesn't hurt that he is good in the kitchen, does alot of research before acting, and we have extensive restaurant backgounds ...this flour is one of the best....

The boys had so much fun helping out...

It really was easier than he had anticipated!

His meat sauce simmering...

The sous chef, Alba, fresh from the groomers with her little bows. Little goes on in the kitchen without her presence!

Eccolo! It was DIVINE, he nailed it first try, we all had seconds, and then he made lasagna with the fresh pasta the following night...

A rotolo di parmigiano....KEY ingredient in life! Don't ask how we ended up with this, and how much we are enjoying it...Freshly cut, it is so moist and delicious, not as dry as when you buy it already cut.

A little salad to finish off, and we were completely satisfied........

I hope you had a great weekend, and are looking forward to a fabulous week ahead ~

xo,
Nathalie

If you are on pinterest, drop by and check out my boards HERE
~ my inspiration this week is "think pink"

3 comments:

  1. Oooh looks delish Nathalie!!

    I am featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera from Castle Crowns and Cottages on my site! She is so amazing!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always laugh when I make pasta. Don't ask me why. It is such a tactile experience and timing is very important. Several years ago a added the pasta maker to my kitchen aid and look out, it becomes an obsession. Flour everywhere, no matter how hard I try to be neat. Looks like a great dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh but that meat sauce and the finished product look divine! I've never attempted it though I did get The Chef one of those ravioli cutters some years ago (still unused). But then I also do mostly gluten-free these days so could be difficult. Thanks for sharing and love those dishes!
    Hugs to you,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!