Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Garden

Spring is here, my favourite time of year! I have been so busy, I have not had time to venture out into my yard and see what has been popping up ~ Finally yesterday I was able to take some time to do some work out there and enjoy the colours...these cactus flowers, above, are stunning ~

Trumpet vines...

I love roses, and have them all over....filling vases from my garden is heaven to me...

This is the time when we would start seeing magnolia blossoms on our tree...sadly I am not seeing any (yet!)...

The desert sun is hot in the summer, and it gets so cold here in the winter. We have learned the hard way which plants can withstand both...these beauties have survived a long time, I absolutely love them....

There are blossoms galore (and bees too) all over our Meyer lemon tree...
hopefully that means we will have more lemons this year. Two years ago we had 60 or 70,
and then last year only 5!

More desert beauty...

We have Ladybanks roses trellised all over...March is their month to stun, they are in full glory...

Star jasmine with it's heavenly scent...the buds are ready to burst....

And the kale in our vegetable garden...I juice it every day, wonder drug that it is...

When we moved into our home, it was brand new, and the yard was barren desert...my husband and I designed every part of it, and he did most of the work himself. Six years later, it is like watching your children grow, seeing the trees and plants mature...I just love my garden.

Do you enjoy gardening?
Isn't Spring just glorious?

I hope that you are busy smelling the roses!

xo,
Nathalie

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of your garden! Love all of the beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your lovely garden...it inspires me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that this glorious space would be an endless source of delight and you should be very proud of all that you've achieved.

    The kale looks amazing and as a newly 'minted' juicer I can appreciate the riches of that harvest.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm swooning over all your lovelies!! Gosh I wish everything in our corner of the world was as far along as your beautiful garden.

    Wishing you and your family the best of this Easter week-end, may the Mr. Bunny be most generous in the chocolate department. Blessings..xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, Nathalie...so much beauty here! Heaven on Earth.
    Oh, how amazing it would be to have a garden..
    We are in an apartment, but I would love to try my hand at container gardening...we shall see!
    Enjoy the splendor, dear friend!
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice web page and creation perfect blog .

    keep update.....

    Thanks for sharing.
    Matilda Turf Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings on Easter Day, dear friend!
    Sending love and light,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely garden! I think the jasmine is my favorite. We've had snow here recently and now back to rain so it's been hard to get out there to work. But it's begging...
    Thank you for sharing these. Fun to see a little slice of your life.
    xoxo
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!