Friday, April 20, 2012

Honouring Your Mother

by kikdesign

Mother's Day is around the corner...
I thought I'd share some fabulous gifts and thoughts that have caught my eye recently!

via pinterest

via pinterest

So sweet!

by bubblewrappd

via pinterest

How funny! And true...To all the Supermoms out there ~

by skyeart

via tiffany & co

Who doesn't love getting a little (or big!) blue box...

by baymut

A beautiful rose for eternity...

via pinterest

I wish I knew where to get this card!

at harvey nichols

Celebrate with something truly unique, a champagne flavoured lollipop with edible 24K gold ...
 

I was truly moved watching this short story  of Aysegul and Sebahat, the mother/daughter team behind the Etsy shop Irregular Expressions in Turkey ~ the gorgeous lavender necklace is one of theirs. It makes me think of my relationship with my mother, and watching my mother take care of her mother right now, as her health is becoming challenging. The relationships are so special, and so deep. I grew up surrounded by women, and having only sons, I wonder who I will be sharing my time and thoughts and care with as I age.
hmmmm.......
Maybe there will be a large blogging community of "elderly" women nurturing each other :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ~
After a week and a half of illness, and then ALL of the catch-up, and completion of several large custom orders, I think I am finally back on the radar...hallelujah!

xo,
Nathalie

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful post, Nathalie...
    Glad to hear you are feeling better, and I'm still sending prayers to your dear grandmother.
    Here's to the "wonder-mothers" and good bloggie friends!
    Love and light,
    - Irina
    A beautiful weekend to you, dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been ill, Nathalie! It's always lovely to have a visit from you. You're a very special person and a talented woman and mother. Hope you have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie, hope you are very well now. Just wanted to thank you for your beautiful words. Your blog post means a lot for us. We are so lucky to have our bonding documented on film and to be able to connect with you. Thank you so much for sharing our story in such an amazing space. Your blog is full of inspiration and we will be following your journey. Thank you so much for everything!
    Aysegul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathalie, I love it all and yes the card is beautiful would love to buy one too...Hope you are feeling better my dear friend. Thank you for visiting...I'm looking forward to receiving the gorgeous parcel. Lots and lots of love, Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My darling Natalie,

    What beautiful gifts and NOW I AM THINKING what I could offer for that special mom in someone's life!!!! Oh dearest, thank you for your kind words! I just got an Etsy convo this morning for a local gift shop that is interested in my CARDS! WOO HOO......I haven't even started to hit the local shops. I do believe that this summer, I want to make sure I cover ground and try to make a name (ha....) for myself locally. This is fun...scary, but fun.

    ENJOY YOUR DAY MY QUEEN! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nathalie,
    I too have such thoughts as the mother of two sons. We'll have to be there for each other.
    As always, your selections are divinely inspired.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!