Thursday, January 26, 2012

What do Barbie and the Mona Lisa Have in Common?

French artist Jocelyn Grivauld has taken her fascination with Barbie and incorporated her into many famous artworks ~
She cites the series as her “personal contribution as a birthday present to [her] mascot, Barbie, superimposed on the vision of artists whose work [she] greatly appreciates”.











To read more, visit here

Did you have a Barbie growing up? I loved mine...but I think I loved the clothes more!

xo, Nathalie

all images via design taxi

7 comments:

  1. What fun!! Yes, I had a Barbie ... but like you I think it was the heels and wardrobe that had me hooked...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I do always so love your finds! I had a Barbie but it was her 60's dream house that I loved most. (Had a leak in our downstairs basement just days before leaving for Paris and the dollhouse I had hoped might someday be a collectible is ruined!) Oh well, I still have the memories!
    A lovely weekend to you,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! What a fun project for her to do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These made me giggle! It was all about the clothes (and shoes) for me as well:)
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post, Nathalie. I had a Ballet Barbie that I loved. Have a wonderful weekend!xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dolce Nathalie, what a great post! I love your creativity.
    Wish you a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!