Friday, January 6, 2012

A Votre Sante!

2012....A New Year always brings on new resolutions and goals, and a fresh start on unfinished goals from the previous year. A continuing goal for me is preventative health. When I was in my 20's and 30's, this was not high on my list ( other than keeping my weight down to fit into my wardrobe). But being in my mid 40's now, and watching health decline in older family members that is eye opening... I am gung ho on keeping myself and my family in optimum care.

I've been juicing for years, and just got this juicer by Breville for Christmas...
It rocks! Super easy, and a breeze to clean. I make up a large batch for the week, and freeze the daily portions ( it keeps the enzymes fresh).

Kris Carr is my guru for preventative care...and this book is an invaluable source of information.

I am not a vegetarian, or "Raw" (my mother is!), but I try to eat as many vegetables and fruits as possible. This is an awesome cookbook because it breaks up the ingredients by healthy attributes, and is so nicely organized, and full of delicious healthy recipes.

Dr. Sandra Cabot, the "Liver Doctor", has this book that I have used for years. There are juicing recipes for any ailment or disease. I have also done her liver cleanse diet (the recipes are delicious), and use many of her supplements.

I am in the middle of this cleanse right now...I do it every 3 months. I used to fast, but with kids and the energy it takes me to get through the day, this is easier on me. And I still feel the benefits.

Exercise has been lacking for me..."I don't have time" has been my excuse that can't cut it anymore... I just got several of Trudy Styler and James D'Silva's DVD's that I am enjoying very much...there are several options for quickies, and although they are not the 2 hour heat yoga workouts that I took years ago (when I had time!), they make me feel better and I can feel the effects.

I have just put air back in the tires of my bicycle...and am ready to fly!

Do you have any great healthy tips that you are implementing?

Have a healthy and joyous weekend,
Nathalie

6 comments:

  1. Great diet and fitness suggestions! I am no guru, and mostly try to eat well and hit the gym. I will have to look into this juicer, though... it looks awesome! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration, chere Nathalie!
    I am hoping to eat more greens...love them, but the cold months here make me crave warm comfort food:))
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, my sister and her husband juices different fruits and veggies. They made me try it and at first I didn't want anything to do with it but right after i tasted it, i loved it. it's really delicious. and it's good your health.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walk everywhere in Paris and eat mindfully, but I do love the odd homemade chocolate cake;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year my friend!!! WOW .. looks like you and the boys had a fabulous outing ... That Chocolate Buddha, I'm speechless. What a beautiful crystal and that sunset is brilliant!

    Yes, healthy eating is on the top of my list for 2012. It's amazing how the body functions, in our mid forty's; add to that low activity and things can blow up pretty fast- and not easy to slim back down. I'm using the Mediterranean style of eating as a base and then modifying it to meet my needs/requirements. Hope you share some of the things you learn from the fabulous books you mentioned.

    Wishing you and your loved ones a 2012 filled with many blessings and abundance. xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year! I've always been enthralled with those with enough willpower to take on a cleanse, much less every 3rd month - wow! I'll be watching and learning from our end of the earth.

    Best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!