Monday, January 16, 2012

The Red Lip

Last night's Golden Globes were very enjoyable, like everyone I love seeing the glam, and the more the merrier in my books. I cannot wait to see The Artiste...has anyone seen it? Also W.E. ~
The one thing that stood out to me were the number of RED, really RED, lips, ala 1950...Vibrant!
Back in my makeup artist days, there were two reds that I used for that look...


MAC Russian Red...after blotting, it will still be on your lips in the morning, it is that long lasting. A bit dry, but mattte mattte matte and there to stay ~

For a creamier version, Chanel has several options, Dragon Rouge Allure being one...
be sure to air kiss with this one though!

photo : getty images

Angelina had it down perfectly... (if she would only lose the tattoo)....

logo by google

Today we celebrate the life of a man with an incredible dream ~

Have a fabulous week,
Nathalie

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely thought Angelina looked stunning. I'm with you, the tattoo just kind spoils the perfection. I've been wearing a red-orange lipstick lately and I must say I'm really liking it. My mom would of been thrilled. She would always say to me, "go put on some lipstick!!" It's was a running joke with all of us girls in our family @ Christmas. I have not seen the 'Artiste' but I sure hope to as well as 'W.E.' Nathalie thanks for the tips on some great reds. I hope your week is a great one as well. Happy MLK Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there... this is a great post ... perfect for Feb. 14th!! I agree Ms. Jolie would definitely look so much more elegant sans tattoo's with such a lovely dress... Happy Monday..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh a makeup artist too! It seems like you've done just about everything there is to be done! I love the red too. Wish I could pull that one off! I definitely want to see The artist very soon!

    Gosh, it's been a long time. Very happy new year to you, Nathalie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!