Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugarplum Fairies...

photo via google

I spent the evening in a dream last night, with the ultimate girl time that I so needed! To celebrate my dear friend's birthday, we took advantage of Fandango's latest offering ~ being swept away to New York's Lincoln Center via your local theatre. I have seen many versions of the Nutcracker in many differnt places, but never George Balanchine's version with the New York City Ballet ~ Exquisitely stunning, the sets, the costumes, the dancers ~ the children! The scene here with the Sugarplum Fairies was just so beautiful, it tugged at your heart strings.
And HOW I needed to escape! I have been very busy (who isn't this time of year!), and just finished a very large Custom Order that has had me up to the wee hours for weeks...

50 of my eye pillows, with many different sayings and prose ~
They turned out beautifully, and I am so happy that they are boxed off and on their way!

How are your holidays coming along? Are you taking time out to do something magical? I sure needed last night...and look forward to seeing Romeo and Juliet with the Royal Ballet Encore in April.

Peace,
Nathalie

3 comments:

  1. Nathalie, seeing the Nutcracker is a perfect way to celebrate a birthday!! There is something about the Nutcracker that makes it so magical at Christmas ... perhaps its the wonderful "possibilities" that it shows if we dare to dream.

    YAY!! it must be such a wonderful and rewarding feeling to see that order completed and on its way. The recipients will truly be feeling magical... my sister ended up with the Bon Nuit one I ordered at the time of the quilt and she too is raving about it. I think its the care that only handmade from the heart can be stitched in.

    Wishing you a fabulous and restful evening, xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nathalie,
    It must be good to have that big job out the door so you can enjoy the holidays with your family. I have not seen Balanchine's version of the Nutcracker but it sounds like something I should seek out especially as I adore his works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time, Nathalie. I know how good it feels to ship off those big orders when you've been working so hard!Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!