Saturday, November 26, 2011

Les Voyageurs

Parisian artist Cedric Le Borgne has created these fabulous figures out of chicken wire...

Illuminated, they are a magical presence in the midst of a public thoroughfare.

Via his website:
"Cédric Le Borgne invites everyone to view daily life in a fresh way, to rise up, to dream. By abolishing barriers, his work of exploring spaces is sensitive, his poetry subtly interacts with each place it comments upon. From sculptures made of chicken wire to photo or video, from perennial installations to spontaneous performance, from street-art to web-art, his work is free of formal constraints."





Even though I live in the ultimate city of lights, (Las Vegas), to see these lights in the midst of a European city would be such a delight...these are currently on display along the South Bailey in Durham, England as part of Durham Lumiere, the UK’s largest light festival.

I am now getting my own lights out, Christmas decor is on the agenda today...the refrigerator is still packed with leftovers from our Thanksgiving feast, a grand time was had by all...I stayed home on Black Friday, watched some hysterical news clippings of the insanity out in the stores...
Did anyone brave the shoppers out there?

xo, Nathalie

via colossal

4 comments:

  1. Dear Nathalie,
    Someone suggested to me the other day that I consider lighting my mesh sculptures from within.... I wonder if they would be as magical as these ones. Thanks for the inspiration.
    I put up our xmas tree this aft. I know it is early but it was a welcome interlude from academia. Each ornament reminds me of a year with my family and I got teary at all the happy memories.
    I noticed that your profile now says "artistic mother". How clever!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, these look truly amazing Nathalie
    Thanks for the inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible. You always feature such interesting art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW -- beautiful ans breath taking.. can only imagine their grandeur is person!!!

    We spent the week-end visiting family and attending our Matthew's baptism. The quilt was the talk of the evening ... everyone loved it.. especially my brother and his wife. I post on the baptism today... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!