Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Ultimate Cruise

Back in my maitre'd days in LA, from my front door position we watched the celebrities as they drove up and made their presence known. LA is all about what car you drive ( you spend half of your life in your car), so I saw them all...and if you had the limited edition that no one else had, there would be crowds outside the restaurant staring and taking photos. MY personal favourite from those days is the Bentley, a custom convertible preferably.

I came across the tour that Yatzer took of "Bentleyland"

The first Bentley





A most fascinating read about the making of the ultimate in craftsmanship...
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" ~ Antoine de Sainte-Exupery
Read more here...

I would love to be off on a road trip in one of these purring machines this weekend...however I think I shall be on the couch, recuperating from this week.
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support on my virtual homeschooling adventure, it means so much!
Even though I have teachers a phone call away, a daily curriculum to follow, and support...I am exhausted! My brain is a fried egg. I know it will get better...smile...
One thing I have noticed, and enjoyed, is that I am having conversations with my boys that I never had time to have before, and I feel that we are getting closer, working as a "team" in this adventure....priceless. Of course I am already looking at the dates for testing and registration for next year!
A year of " getting to know and bond" is what my plan has been...TBC....

Have a fantastic weekend! I have never been so grateful for a 3 day weekend!!!

xo, Nathalie

photos via yatzer

6 comments:

  1. Well .. you made it!! They say after the first week of anything .. its all good from then on!!

    Yes, what a marvellous road trip it would be in a Bentley!! Happy week-end ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just think of the memory this is creating in your boys' minds....
    When things are difficult, they're usually worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bentleys are definitely a great drive (well not that I have ever driven one but they look fantastic) What a surprise to see Bentleys featuring in your post today Nathalie...I love it when I discover something new about a blog(ger) I adore :) I hope you can take it easy and relax this week-end (you are doing an amazing job- I might have said it before but I'm going to say it again: your boys are very lucky :)
    Take care,
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour, Natalie!!!

    YOU HAD A GREAT JOB while in L.A.!!! I remember working at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion as an usherette and I saw some celebrities there as well! Yes, life is spent in the car A LOT in L.A.!!! That is why I like France. I spent 3/4 of my time walking, eating all the bread I wanted and being the THINNEST I have ever been!!!! WALK WALK WALK!

    Thank you for coming to visit me my dear! Have a great Labor Day weekend. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of expensive flashy cars, but I love old vintage autos, especially convertables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love old cars! Saw one I wanted to buy recently (it wasn't as much as I thought it would cost)but nowhere to put it and besides putting more money into it, what then? Just more time and money. So hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!