Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years...

It is so hard to believe that it is ten years since the world as we knew it changed so completely. Watching and reading memories, memories that will never ever leave our minds, where you were when you first heard, the fear, the questions unanswered, that feeling in your heart. So much comes up for air today. My heart goes out to all of the families who lost loved ones, the heroes that saved someone's life...

My son's lego creation captures today, for me ~
Ten years ago today he was 6 months old, a baby... as a new mother, I was so fearful of what kind of world I had brought him into, where was this all going to go?
We sat glued to the television, for so many reasons, one of which was that we were to fly to Rome on September 19 for my sister's wedding on the 22nd. So much loving planning had gone into this trip, and we were meeting up there from spots all over. There were obviously no flights going anywhere...it was a day to day wait. I was so fearful to travel with my baby, although everyone assured me it was safer than ever with the heightened security.
We left LAX on September 19, the first flight to leave the US for Italy...I was barely allowed to bring a diaper on the plane, which was packed. My sister and brother- in-law barely made it in, two days after they were scheduled to travel. My Grandmother and Mother had delays...But at last, in our rental apartment in Rome, we were reunited as a family, so full of gratitude to be together, and to be able to share in a great love story.
Travel across seas, or anywhere, has never been the same since then. In so many ways our lives have changed. I hope that in ten more years, when we sit and look back on this day, we will look back even stronger as a Nation, with no more tragedies.

Peace to all, today and everyday...

xo,Nathalie

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. blessings, xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute honey. I did one too. Hope you have a fabulous Sunday.

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway where you can win a $50 gift card to Victoria's Secret!

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/09/great-news-its-back-to-school-giveaway.html

    Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your beautiful story Nathalie xo
    Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!