Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Art of Paper Fabrics by Jennifer Collier

alice gloves by jennifer collier

I am so intrigued by Jennifer Collier's creations made from paper...
I find them so inspiring! This brings the First Anniversary gift to a whole new level...

document bib by jennifer collier

Loving the embroidery on the paper ~

map tie by jennifer collier

Again my love of maps and embroidery combined ~


book dress by jennifer collier

How beautiful would this be in a little girl's room ~

teacup, spoon and jug by jennifer collier

The creativity here is astounding... she also does cameras, typewriters ~ entirely out of paper

letter dress by jennifer collier

Maybe I can create something out of the boxes of old letters from my Grandmother ~

teabag gloves by jennifer collier

A lover of tea, I have always admired the beauty of the packaging ~

teabag dress by jennifer collier

To see more of Jennifer Collier, visit her website here,
or her shop here

true north by bomo bob

I am off next week, to the roots of my birth, the land of the maple forests ~
Taking my boys for a small family re-union in Ontario ~ and hoping that I will return with some stunning fall photos like the one above by Bomo Bob in Montreal.

eleanor and doug, 1920's

For little Eleanor above will be celebrating her 90th!
And I cannot wait to give my dearest Grandmother a huge hug and kiss !

Have a wonderful week ahead!
I shall be posting some interesting stories and lovely fall photos upon my return...

Cheers,
xo, Nathalie


photos via jennifer collier, bomobob, me

8 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH you are going to be in Ontario??? Hopefully near where we are? It would be wonderful if it was close and we were able to meet up somewhere ...90 WoW!! Happy Birthday to your grandmother!! safe travels my friend...xo HHL

    P.S. mentioned your wonderful boutique here...http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.com/2011/09/blogland-boutiques-heard-at-tea-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to read you would be in Ontario .. I forgot to say ... you have brought us an other wonderful creative spirit to us! I love your posts and the discoveries you share xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her work ! So exquisite! Have a wonderful trip to Canada and a blast of a party for your grandmother!
    xo
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathalie~ Such inspiring work. Have a wonderful trip and so great that your boys get to meet a woman who was here before all these huge changes to the world. She'll have some amazing stories to tell them. I was here for my grandmother's 90th birthday party and she was gone two months later. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy every moment! Can't wait to see the photos!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful and creative work!
    Wishing your grandmother a very happy 90th birthday and safe travels to you.
    xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathalie, Jennifer's art is simply astounding. I adore seeing such creativity.


    Xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I hope you will come and join my Giveaway from Interieurs! It is from the Jose Esteves Collection!
    Enjoy your grandmothers 90th birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful art Nathalie, thanks for sharing these amazing images
    Have a great trip my friend! A very Happy bday to your grandmother...grandams are very special, enjoy your time together :)

    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything made with paper. Her work is so creative and whimsical.
    I wish I could meet up with you in Ontario. I hope you are having a wonderful time.
    Btw, I fixed my comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!