Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pinning Peridot

We are halfway through August...for those of us with school age children,
that means school is rapidly approaching ~ sigh.
Some August gemstone inspirations to help "shake" the blues...

Any shade of green makes me think of my Grandmother...
it's her favourite colour...

The peridot, sometimes called the poor man's emerald

an exquisite shade...


that can be found in so many places

stunning, so full of life

i would love a sweater made from this

and i would like to live here

or here...

i leave it to lalique for the finishing touch!

Is green one of your colours? I am getting caught up in the web of Pinterest,
I just get lost and so inspired there!
Maybe the clock will stop and I can stay here in August ~

For those of you that have birthdays this month
( my dearest friend Colleen!),
I envy this beautiful gem that is yours...

xo, Nathalie

all images via pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Love all these shades of green Nathalie...been inspired by green today too...we are alike!

    Have a great week

    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many inspirational photos here,
    you made my day!!!

    best wishes and blessings
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear friend... catching up on blog visits and reading after our trip to Vermont.... I too need to purge magazines, its amazing how quickly they add up ... hopefully the sewing machine challenges have all been worked out ... oh how fast August is slipping by ...

    Loved this post .. green is a fabulous colour and these images are brilliant...wishing you a blessed week ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nathalie,
    I love emeralds, never knew there was a poor man's version. I must check that out as my budget doesn't allow for the real kind!
    As for Pinterest, it is most interesting but I just don't have the time. Instead I just come here and you give me the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greens are so soothing, Nathalie. I am afraid to even join Pinterest....it might consume me! LOL. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a door/window person so LOVE those doors (and the window)! Hope the ending of summer is everything you could hope for. Feeling like fall here already and summer barely started for us. A wonderful week to you!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suddenly chanced upon your blog. Love it! And this collection of green items brought a smile to my face. I love green so much! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!