Friday, August 12, 2011

Paris Trash

60,000 CD's create this undulating landscape at Cent Quatre in Paris
called "Waste Landscape"

It is the work of Elise Morin and Clemence Eliard

They have all been hand sewn together! Take a look at the short video on You Tube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXgG97W96X8

I have been busy shopping...
(fall clothes for my growing boys, not for me...sigh)
And haven't had any computer time all week!

I also had to deal with a sewing machine that broke down, and then a new one that had a
malfunctioning part....grrrr....

Take me away to Paris, so I can walk on the CD landscape  ~  What an amazing backdrop for a fashion shoot, I hope someone is taking advantage of it!

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nathalie

photos via the contemporist and pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Woah, that is so cool! I would love to see this in the future. *sigh* PARIS!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Natalie! How are you gorgeous one? Oh, leave it up to Les Français to make something fabulous out of what we think of as trash. AND a bad day in Paris is FAR BETTER than any day anywhere else, indeed!

    Thank you for your visit and kind comments. You are ever so lovely! I am enjoying my lazy days here at home before school kicks in for me. I go back to meetings on August 25 and the kids return after Labor Day. I cannot believe it! May your remaining days of summer be happy ones!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, for you a broken sewing machine would be near disaster. I'm about to do back to school shopping myself. It is always bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie wow the art installation is amazing!!

    Do treat yourself to a little something!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!