Friday, August 26, 2011

The Last Summer Weekend

photo by zuppaartista

I would imagine that this is what the beach in Santa Monica, my old back yard, looks like this weekend...and how I wish I were there! I know LA is having a heat wave too, but our 112-114 temps here in Las Vegas are challenging right now. AC,AC,AC, and a dip in the pool. I can't complain, we are not dealing with earthquakes, tornado watches, or hurricanes.
It is the last weekend of summer vacation, it seemed to fly by...
Back to the books and schedules on Monday ~

I plan on enjoying every last non-scheduled minute!

I hope you enjoy yours too! What kind of weather challenges are you facing?
Peace,
Nathalie

6 comments:

  1. Ouch .. that is some heat you are facing ... in our area signs of autumn are starting to appear and the temps are more seasonal ~ minus the humidity which is good for my bones. Enjoy the week-end with your boys my friend.. Monday is too soon... hoping the temps go down a bit for you. xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy a lovely weekend despite the weather. As for us, i'm hoping that the hurricane due to hit NY doesn't get us here as we're off sailing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathalie, keep cool and enjoy your last summer weekend
    Today it's cold here but the last couple of days have been nice so I can't complain :)

    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're right...it is the last weekend. I hadn't even realized.
    We're lucky to have escaped the disasters...for now. I've been watching so much hurricane coverage that I keep thinking it's cold and raining outside. Well, surprise, it will be sunny and 106 today. I'm curling up with an English mystery anyway...lots of air-conditioning to create a faux autumn and a pot of tea to further fool the mind that I'm in the English countryside. A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. Enjoy your last summer weekend, Nathalie.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Battening down the hatches in the area in hopes that the storm decides to take a detour back out to sea. No sun, low cloud cover and eery here.
    The stores feel like it is going to be the end of the world. Maybe this will be a boost for the economy?
    Stay cool.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello beautiful one!

    I am so happy that you are not in the eye of the storm that is ravaging my former home....be well and thank you for your visit my friend. Anita

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!