Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vive La France!


moi...all decked out as madame clicquot for a special veuve clicquot tasting at chinois

Happy Bastille Day to all of the francophiles out there! The "Quatorze Juillet" has so many memories for me, from celebrating it in Paris, to celebrating it at work in grand style...today I celebrate online!
Here are some lovely things that caught my eye, and some memories to share...

by Treasure Frey

le chapeau de sandwich by elizabeth ocean

Versailles French Retro Wool Shawl  from Miscellany de Talaru

antique French print of Marie Antoinette, at Miscellany de Talaru

Cafe Baudelaire

Hall of Mirrors, Versailles, by Rebecca Plotnick

Menu from the first celebration of Bastille day at Chinois on Main, where I was maitre'd for many many years...the food is a fusion of french and chinese cuisines, so we celebrated Chinese New Year and Bastille Day!

My bosses, Barbara Lazaroff and Wolfgang Puck..
.I absolutely love how these Eiffel Tower centerpieces turned out, from simple paper and ribbon

My mother and I enjoying ourselves... (pre-husband and children here!)

LOVE this tank, "C'est Si Bon" from Neena Creates

So Charming! By Shop Nevertheless

Petite Paperie Shoppe

Paris ce soir!

However you celebrate, do it in grande style!
Have a wonderful weekend,
 AND if you missed my last post, on photographer Jamie Beck, scroll down, so very cool!

xo, Nathalie

9 comments:

  1. Hey Nathalie,
    Your costume is simply wonderful. How great to have an opportunity to dress up!
    Happy Bastille Day :)
    ~jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costume, complete with beauty mark and all! Great post today with some inspiring images. Happy Bastille Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bastille Day my dear Nathalie! I love your costume, you look stunning, have fun!
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a most joyous Bastille Day! xo mon ami..HHL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bastille Day France!!!
    I've always wanted a chandelier like that in my living room. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all!! merci beaucoup for featuring my bonjour love brooch x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo of you, Nathalie. Thanks for entering my give-away and have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous as Mme. Cliquot! (Do you have the book?)!!! And like mother like daughter...You look like sisters. Loved this post...a thrill a picture. Hope you had a good time. I've caught a bug and feel lousy...but your post perked me up.
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nathalie! Thank you for stopping by yesterday and I MUST SAY, I LOVE YOUR WORLD! You look fabulous all dressed up! Oh how I love to dress up too. AND THAT BLUE tag....OH DIVINITY!! What a beautiful world we can create, n'est-ce pas?

    Enjoy your day; we are having tremendous thunder and lightening storms!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!