Friday, July 8, 2011

Magnificent Zion

Zion National Park was absolutely stunning, and being only a two and a half hour drive from us, we will be visiting more often...

I hear the time to go is in October, when the leaves are all changing colours...
apparently the park is filled with Nature photographers then.

My kids had a blast going down the Virgin River, over and over again. Just standing on the smooth rocks and having the gloriously fresh water flow over your feet was so incredibly relaxing ~

Zion was full of European visitors...my girlfriend had been camping in Utah for 2 weeks with her family, and told the funniest stories, my favourite was the Italian women in pumps and decked in jewelry hiking up a steep trail...I am hoping she got a picture!

The Rock that Weeps is a must see if you go... a very easy half mile hike ~

The cold tears were a very welcome respite from the heat and humidity (which we are not used to!)

Tears cascading down...

magnificent

We were sad to leave dear friends, and Nature at it's best ~

What do you think a road trip in a Gucci car would be like? Perfect for touring through Tuscany, I think!
I am back, and out to visit and hear about your summer...

Have a wonderful weekend,

Nathalie

car photo via design taxi, all others by me

6 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I'm dying for a road trip. It's hotter than Hades here!! Stay cool!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have enjoyed the beautiful National Parks in Utah as well. Zion is stunning! Glad to hear you had such a great time with your family and friends. We drove up the Oregon coast last month for a week vacation and had a terrific time. Road trips are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like a most lovely adventure! Great photos!! Hope you friend managed a photo of the hikers in heels ... certainly quite the sight .... welcome back!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathalie what a great trip for your whole family. I have never been and now I see what I have been sadly missing. I would of loved to have seen that Italian woman hiking in her pumps too! Have you ever visited Valley of Fire? I'm sure you have? We thought that was great fun and of course in your back yard practically! I think your summer is off to a very good start. Thanks for sharing your photos, I even had to show them to Graham.
    Have a great weekend!!
    Love,
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great time, Nathalie. Amazing photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chère Nathalie,

    I am so happy to meet you dearest. THANK YOU for coming to visit me today and after reading your impressive profile, I too have to look at my past, my present and future. For what I do NOW is hopefully shaping a future in writing or at least, writing and art to enjoy for myself and a handful of friends. I HAVE SEEN YOUR NAME AROUND TOO and it is funny how it takes a while to hook up with the people we encounter weekly through blogging, but I hope to see you more often! THANK YOU AGAIN,NATALIE and enjoy your weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!