Sunday, July 10, 2011

Art in The Desert ~ The Logan Residence

" I want a place for my art collection ~ then I want to live there"
Kent Logan

When you have one of the world's top contemporary art collections, that is a pretty big statement...
In Scottsdale, Arizona, Jones Studio took on the task, creating first a private museum, with 4 galleries...and also a residence, for the winter months ~

I have often considered my home a "mini museum"....but nothing like this!

Would you entertain at all in the galleries, or do they sit, lonely, waiting for admirers?

I have always wanted a looooong table like this...hubby at one end, myself at the other ~
hellooo, pass the salt please....

I love the contrast here....

Such a beautiful backdrop for a soak and some relaxation!

Bottom line is what is a home without art...very empty indeed!

I feel as if summer is running away, autumn talk is here, and shortly we will see halloween in the shops (scary!)
Enjoy the sunshine and BBQ's, and have a great week!

Nathalie

photos via the contemporist, last photo via pinterest

9 comments:

  1. I agree! I love art and finished a History of Modern Art course in the spring semester.. loved it! We try to visit art museums as much as possible.
    Wishing you a lovely week! xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place is amazing...love it!
    Living with art is one of the most rewarding things no doubt :)
    Have a great week Nathalie :)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I find this place a bit cold and empty... It feels more like a museum than a home. But that is what makes the world such an interesting place - everybody is different!
    Hope you had a great weekend Nathalie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes art is necessary! gosh Nathalie...are you serious about Halloween items being soon in the shops, that is scary ! (mind you..i'm working on Xmas already..which results funny in that heat)
    Have a lovely week...
    xo
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, incredible! It would be so lovely to have an art gallery like this!
    Summer does seem to be going quickly. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great presentation of your themes. Good presentation. Thanks.Travel Beautiful bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great! love that top quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful... I love being surrounded by art... paintings, sculptures, and street art (my version of pretty graffiti, lol).

    Enjoy the summer, sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely post ! I live in the desert too and it is just the perfect most inspiring place for an artist to live in.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!