Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You Could Be A Rock Star in Shangri La

If your Rock and Roll tastes expand back to the days before  Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, you may be interested in the historical Shangri La Ranch that just came up for sale in Malibu... The recording studio and home of Bob Dylan is listed at $3.195 million ~ 



The 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house and recording studio were featured in Scorsese's  1978 documentary  "The Last Waltz."


If the walls could talk...

What a legendary spot to move into, rich with rock and roll history ...

And right on the legendary Malibu coastline... Way too cool!

I wish I were in Malibu right now, dreaming of the beach and escaping ~
The last couple of days of school for my sons, and it has been crazy, chock full of parties and performances and things to do...on top of it, my eldest son Marcello, who is 10,  had the added pressure of testing for his second degree brown belt in Shotokan Karate ( one belt away from black). He gets it tonight! I am so incredibly proud of him, years of hard work and discipline.
Tomorrow afternoon it is all DONE! And I can't wait...
Time to relax, and think up some fun things for the summer!
I will be going to Zion National Park in Utah  in July ...
And maybe get back to my LA roots and some beach time ~

Do you have any plans for the summer?

Happy Wednesday,
Nathalie

photos of shangri la via the huffington post

3 comments:

  1. Well done Marcello...wow one step away from black at such a young age...how fantastic is that?
    Hope you get through the last few parties ok Nathalie, not too long till your break (be strong!)...I remember the feeling...end of year madness!!!
    Wish schools were closing soon here too...it's nearly the end of term two though so shouldn't complain really...I need a break!!!
    The National park in Utah sounds great and so does LA and the beach :) Have a great day.
    Love, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nathalie,
    You've been dreaming of other places, but with all the traveling I've been doing lately, I have to say that there is no place like home.
    Congrats on that black belt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty house!
    I want it :D
    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!