Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summertime and Campari

 My favourite aperitif is Campari...an acquired taste, I love it with blood orange juice and a spritz of soda, pellegrino, or prosecco. Isn't this ad from the sixties fabulous? I like it much better than their modern ad campaigns.

I happened upon this recipe for Campari -Citrus sorbet the other day ....my mouth started watering immediately, it sounds so refreshing and palate cleansing! Seriously desire to make it...
My search for the recipe led me to "Mowielicious"...

And it just so happens that Mowie Kay, the food photographer behind the blog, just released the first issue of his magazine  today...

FILLED with stunning shots like these...

So gorgeous and inspirational! The online magazines these days are incredible ~
Perfect for lazy summer days...

My week has been long and emotion filled... my sister and I lost our father this past week. Sometimes life is strange, and things happen that years later you don't even understand anymore. And yet you hang on, just because you know that you don't want to open the door to start questioning. And you think, sometime in the future you will ...
When the future is taken away, it is a hard place to be. We were not in contact with our father for many years.
He was only 66 ~ somehow I thought that there was more time. My point here is, if there is something or someone you have been putting off facing...don't wait too long.

Have a relaxing weekend,
Nathalie

11 comments:

  1. can we please talk about how obsessed i am with your blog. visit every day, totally never realized I wasn't actually following. lol. I'm following now for sure, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nathalie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad...you are right, 66 is way too young...am thinking of you and your sister
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear friend ... my heart, thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your sister, family. Know that your father is at peace - the journey here on earth is complete, he may or may not have learned his life's lessons .. but know that he will be with you and your sister and he will watch over you. Whatever words you may feel you did not get to say ... say them, and know that just like our prayers, your words will be heard (it's never to late .. believe and have faith).

    Sending many hugs, blessings and will keep you in my prayers.... xo HHL

    P.S. Mr G. is determined to created that chocolate pizza you posted on ... he couldn't believe his chocolate - pizza loving eyes!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. It made me cry. Lump in my throat. I am proud of you and how brave, loving and open you are. So happy you are my one and only. Forever, your little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love. Love. Love you! El

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathlie,
    Firstly, my sympathies to you and your family. You are right that we must learn to sieze every moment. I hope you know that the box you sent made me smile.
    merci-
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, nathalie, i'm so sorry to hear about your dad and even moreso the precarious position of not having been in contact with him for so long. i could go on and on, but even though i am still in some kind of blurred contact with my dad, i feel like i understand a little--and at the same time i remember that i don't understand at all. my heart is with you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came by to catch up on your posts and saw the sad news of your father's passing. So young. I'm so sorry, N. You are right that time goes by so quickly and we put things off thinking there will be time yet. Just this week I had 2 friends e-mail me to tell me that they were closing their shop. I kept putting off visiting because it was a trek to the other side of town and now it is 6 years later (!!!) and they're closing. A lesson learned. You must visit Ysabel's blog 'Getting Along with Grief'. It's a great comfort.
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say...I'm with you on the Campari and your recipe sounds like the best ever. I've been in a mood for blood oranges...I've been wearing a refreshing Blood Orange toilette all summer.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous colors. Refreshing ~ xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry, Nathalie. Always such a hard place no matter the circumstances. I am thinking of you (and your sister). If there's one lesson here for certain, let the grief process happen (rather than deciding to wait for someday). It will haunt you and better to let the tears flow when they flow rather than bottling them to drown in later. Friendly advice from someone you've never met but one who cares! Thinking of you...
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!