Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

I have sweets on the brain...
If I were told to eat these cakes, I would gladly!
It makes me wish that I were getting married all over again ~

If you are in the Washington DC area, you are in luck ~

Maggie Austin, cake maestro extraordinaire, has set up her cake "atelier"
in DC

You see the influences of her ballerina days in these stunning masterpieces...

They start at $10 per serving, and require a minimum order of $800...

Pieces of Art, they look (almost) too good to eat!

My wedding cake was very traditional, by Sweet Lady Jane of Los Angeles  ~ it was unbelievable, and I was thrilled with it...but I have to say if I were doing it over, or if I had a special event, I would LOVE one of these delicate and dreamy cakes.

What type of cake do you prefer?

I found out about Maggie Austin from Jill Gordon Celebrate, a dear friend of a dear friend (smile), who is THE wedding planner extraordinaire in The Hamptons...visit her site here to see some of the amazing events and weddings that she has done...

Happy Tuesday! Thanks for the sweet comments on dealing with my Grandmother's boxes ~ they are still sitting where they were dropped off ~  My Mother opened up one, and we found old letters and cards from the early 1900's, quite interesting. My Grandmother's father had played hockey for the Montreal Wanderers, and won the Stanley Cup twice...I think he is turning in his grave after Game 6 of  The Stanley Cup Finals last night.
We are Canucks fans in this house,
they had better be ready to go tomorrow night ~ this has been brutal!


Nathalie

5 comments:

  1. These cakes are gorgeous Nathalie...Yes, I wouldn't mind getting married again either just to be photographed with one of them...he he...there's so much creativity and flair in such a delicate and fragile creation, quite amazing...i bet they taste yum too :)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Nathalie! I love the fun stuff you come up with. And you know what cake does to me! I'm behind because I have to find out what's with your grandmother's boxes.
    Hearts and hugs to you,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Those cakes are stunning, indeed! My wedding cake was simple and made by my husband's brother-in-law's mother...haha! The flower co. just put some loose flowers that matched my bouquet on it and voila!

    The truth is....you are so swept away during your wedding, you hardly get to enjoy any of those beautiful deatails you spent months and months planning :)
    Luckily the hotel staff saved a piece for us, or we wouldn't have had any of our own cake...haha!

    These are just exquisite, tho....truly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cake!! I hardly ever turn down a piece of cake...In fact, I wish I had some cake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, who would refuse a beautifully baked slice of cake? I know I wouldn't;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!