Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Beautiful Day and Some Fun Finds...

Yesterday we had a wonderful hike up at Mt. Charleston ~

We left 107 degree temps, and arrived there to stunning 81 degree temps...
What a difference a 30 minute drive can make!

We enjoyed it so much (although after 2 hours of uphill trek, I am feeling it today...), and are determined to make it a weekly event. We will be going to Mt. Zion in a few weeks, which I think is even more beautiful...I can't wait!

A few things that caught my eye this week...

These tote bags by ThursdayFriday are so fun! Last season they did Hermes' Birkin bags, and now they have their favourite Miu Miu bags on the new "It" totes...

These summer crostini's are making me ravenous! Dying to try out these combinations from The Kitchy Kitchen ~ the sauteed swiss chard, prosciutto and gruyere is calling my name right now!

For those days when all you need is a big hug, and there's no one around...
May I introduce  the Hug Chair, by Gabriella Asztalos

And last but not least, I find this such a fun  idea ~ perfect for gifts and favours,
the Seedbom by Kabloom09....

"Throw it Grow it
Seedboms are friendly bombs that contain all the necessary nutrients to grow flowers virtually anywhere! Tools for eco-warriors and guerrilla gardeners in the war against neglected neighbourhoods and weary wasteland. So get outside, join forces with nature and revive dull and lifeless places with an explosion of life and colour."

Don't you love it!? Brilliant idea , concept and packaging!


Hoping your weekend was bright and full of inspiration, and that the coming week is full of fun!
Many thanks to all of you for your wonderful thoughts on my last post ~ I appreciate it so much. With the craziness that was going on, I wasn't able to "get out" much, but look forward to visiting everyone this week!

xo,
Nathalie

thursday friday and the kitchy kitchen via refinery 29, the hug chair via the contemporist, and the seedbom via etsy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nathalie, hiking is a great family activity - especially with boys -
    Mt Charleston looks great - and what a gorgeous day it was!
    thanks for sharing :)
    Have a great week
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, my jaw is still dropped wide open - 107 degrees? I would not survive it. you are inspiring, hiking and thinking about lovely treats...I would be inside - out of the heat.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your hike was great fun on a summer weekend. I'm not sure how you survive those hot temps otherwise. I would wilt!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your father. That is sad. Given his age, I can see how you would have thought there would be more time. Time is the one thing you cannot buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an incredible hike!! I'll bet you slept like a baby that night, lol.

    Those totes are all kinds of awesome, I thin I'd like one please ;)

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful hiking shots, Nathalie! And I love your finds, as always. Still trying to figure out how that Hug Chair works but would really like one of those seedboms! I need that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!