Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Akio Hirata's Exhibition of Hats by Nendo

To showcase 70 years of hats by milliner Akio Hirata, Japanese design studio Nendo used 4,000 white "ghost" hats as a "backdrop"...


I can only imagine the feeling, of being enveloped in a cloud...

I think this is a marvelous way to show his work, don't you? It makes me think of  Valentino's red dresses at his final retrospective, but I am liking this more ( not that I am not a huge fan of Valentino!)...

Hoping that you are enveloped in a dreamy cloud of summer relaxation,

Nathalie

via the contemporist

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea ! it looks amazingly surreal too..Enjoy the summer, Natalie !
    xo
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...me again..just read your comments..thank you so much Nathalie !! that's really sweet of you..i'll check Pinterest tomorrow morning..am off to bed now..Have a great suunny day ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine laying on your back and just being still for awhile taking it all in? Just like you did when you were a kid under the blue sky. How's your summer going so far Nathalie? I hope you all are having great fun? Sending you all my best for a glorious 4th of July celebration.

    Love, xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely is this! it is so dreamy surreal.

    also, thank you so much for your comment the other day. i don't know what else to say, it feels good to feel the mama wisdom being passed down.

    hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! The difference between this and Valentino is that the white 'ghost' hats make it into an art installation. They add a conceptual element that takes it beyond a retrospective of costume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see this in person!! It would be an amazing feeling I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that is such a brilliant and innovative way to showcase work! I too would love to see this in person.

    Sarah
    x

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing exhibition! I almost can't quite even picture being in the middle of that, how it would look or feel. Surreal is the right word. I love hearing about things I would never have found on my own. Thanks for sharing!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!