Monday, May 9, 2011

Street Art On A New Level

alexandre farto in italy

Alexandre Farto, aka Vhils, a Portugese artist now based in London, is really amping up the look of street art. He actually sculpts and carves into old buildings to create these incredible works. I find them reminiscent of an old fresco in a way. And am blown away at how he can create such depth on such a large scale with the materials that he has to work with.

alexandre farto in london

alexandre farto in london

alexandre farto in moscow

I am completely enthralled with these... I am a sculptor and work with alabaster ( although it has been far too long since I have picked up my chisel and hammer...I have 4 large stones in my little work area in my yard begging to be finished, and this process of him sculpting into an old building is so intriguing! Maybe I should try my hand on the walls of my house ....
or then again...
maybe I just need to admire his work some more!
To see more of his masterpieces, visit his website here.

A little sharing on another topic...if you are into being ecologically friendly, and still being fashionable and chic, check out EcoStiletto...I came across them today. If you sign up for their newsletter, you have a chance to win some killer shoes...and they offer lots of info and savings.
Visit their site here.

See one of my pieces on this post ~
And this is another of my favourites I did on this post ~

Have a great week! May is starting off strong!

Nathalie

photos from alexandre farto, via flavorpill

4 comments:

  1. I do wish he would sculpt the buildings in my city! Amazing. And amazing that you sculpt in alabaster! Those stones are waiting for you.

    I received your lovely e-mail and it just made my day. I've been back a few days now and am trying to work out a blogging schedule so that I have more free time and feel less disjointed. Feel the need to set the designated hours 'in stone'. (That was specifically for you!)

    Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.
    Talk with you soon,
    Catherine

    I'm on Twitter now, so I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His work is amazing, love it.
    Nathalie I didn't know that you sculptured...how lovely...I'd like to see some of your work, I bet it's amazing :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are stunning Nathalie, thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!