Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

margarita cupcakes by confections of a foodie bride

Cinco de Mayo is a big deal here on the West Coast ( I guess now that I am in Nevada, I am not really on the Coast )... Particularly in California where I spent the majority of my life. I almost forgot about it, it has been a hectic week, but I was reading The Pioneer Woman today,( I recently came across her blog after hearing of all of her successes, and absolutely LOVE her) ... she has such mouth watering recipes posted...these cupcakes look like JUST what the doctor ordered!...Now  I am running out to the store to pick up some carne asada (Trader Joe's is really awesome, five thumbs up!), tortillas, avocados, beans and rice and perhaps ? tequila? why not!
Put on my Mexican Party hat and have a mid week Fiesta...

Have a fantastic Cinco de Mayo,
Nathalie

the week has been up and down with jade's progress, at the moment it is not good at all...her mother has asked for prayers
and this is why some tequila may do me some good today ...

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! By the way--have you heard that my 1st novel is being released on Amazon.com tomorrow?! Check it out on my blog! Have a wonderful Cinco De Mayo honey! Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jade you will remain in my thoughts and prayers may the doctors work their healing magic.

    Happy Cinco de Mayo, You lived in California ??? Ok, I have to ask ... if you could live there again where would you choose?? California is on our radar for finding a winter getway... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good little fiesta! I am wishing now that I had planned ahead for tacos for dinner. :)

    And yes, Trader Joe's is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking cupcakes! Hope you have a terrific weekend. xx Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!