Sunday, April 17, 2011

Duquette Alert!

Huge fan of Tony Duquette I am...
In 2001, ready to pop with my first son, I waddled through "The Duquette Collection" at Christie's in Los Angeles, and admired hundreds and hundreds of his pieces at close range. How I wish I were in LA today...
I'd run over to Bonhams and Butterfields to take a close look at the 136 rare items that go on auction at 10:00 tomorrow from the "Talismans of Power" jewelry collection by Duquette and his business partner Hutton Wilkinson. In the 1980's they travelled throughout Southeast Asia, which inspired the collection of 200 pieces.
The collection in full can be seen here, and online bidding is available for tomorrow.
Here are a few of my favourites that I would snatch up in a heartbeat ~




Enjoy ! And if you end up with a piece of his, please share ~

Nathalie

images from Bonhams and Butterfields

4 comments:

  1. Dear Nathalie,
    If only the budget allowed, I'd be sure to buy a bauble for both of us!
    And yes, I did make that sculpture myself. I stopped making them when the magazines got thin but I've noticed that they are a bit heftier again and I pulled my scissors out.... It's felt like months since I've been to my studio and actually made something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'd love to own some of those pieces but then I would have to find somewhere to wear them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jewelry is Exquisite. How I love sparklies! Wish I could afford what I admire. I've always had good taste. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!