Monday, March 28, 2011

I Left My Heart In San Francisco

I grew up in San Francisco for much of my youth ( I have lived many places, but consider this home). When I came across these photos of The Fontana Apartment, my heart cried! What a fabulous pied a terre encompassing the best that San Francisco has to offer, with sweeping views from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Bridge.  I am not a fan of orange, but love the way that Interior Designer Gary Hutton used it here. It must really compliment the Golden Gate Bridge.

Here we go with my attraction to clean, sparse and modern decor. But when you have a killer view, you really don't want anything to take away from it, right?

Gorgeous sunny days are not the norm in SF, I am wondering how this apartment would feel on a rainy day. Like being perched up high in your cosy nest?

Views from everywhere ~

More of that classic orange...Golden Gate meets Hermes...

Look! There it is...what a view!

And here is my little angel, maybe I was too emotional to get the picture loaded in yesterdays post :)

Have a fantastic week ahead! I have a feeling that it is going to be an amazing week...I don't know why...But I feel it! Enjoy and make the most of it...

Nathalie

mark english, architect
gary hutton, interior designer
photos via the contemporist

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous apartment and a sweet angel.... The next 10 years will fly by even more quickly than the first.
    I have uploaded my photo from the red carpet so you can see the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful blog. glad i found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too, me too, me too! Love seeing people's views in SF, how they live and decorate. Mom used to take us to the revolving restaurant (unfortunately now closed) and to ride the glass elevators when we were teenagers and living in the city! My sweetie and I went to the revolving restaurant for a glass of champagne every single visit. I nearly cried the day I went and it had closed (now open only for 'special' --ultra-paying-- guests!). Did you go there? I'm hoping someday someone will open it again to the public. Thanks for sharing this! (I've got an SF post coming up soon!)
    Happy week to you!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been, but it's one of my husband's favorite cities. Really, those views! Who needs stuff or curtains when you've got a window on THAT world!
    Such a milestone for you that your little guy is now a double digit big guy! He was a gorgeous baby.
    Show him my movie, if he's not scared of sharks. My nephews, who are around his age, got a real kick out of it. Thanks for the kind words, Nathalie.
    Enjoy your week -
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!