Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back To The Future by Irina Werning


Irina Werning, FLOR, MALE, SIL IN 1983 & 2010


Buenos Aires - born artist Irina Werning is onto something really interesting here... taking a photograph and re-creating it, sometimes 20 years later...
The results ~ hysterical! Just goes to show that we don't really change that much.
You may take my youth, but not my joie de vivre and spirit!
 The next time my sister and I are together, I think it would be a riot to "re-make" some of our classics...Fun project, no?


Irina Werning, MATIAS IN 1977 & 2010, Uruguay







Irina Werning, LUCIA IN 1956 & 2010, Buenos Aires







Irina Werning, NICO IN 1990 & 2010, France







Irina Werning, CECILE IN 1987 & 2010, France









Irina Werning, LALI IN 1978 & 2010, Buenos Aires







Irina Werning, Nico in 1986 & 2010, Buenos Aires




Irina Werning, PANCHO IN 1983 & 2010, Buenos Aires








Irina Werning, MECHI IN 1990 & 2010, Buenos Aires


How about you, do you have a classic that you'd like to re-create?

 I hope your week is progressing along on a good path!

Nathalie

photos via flavorpill


This is a hot topic today ! Just went onto my blog reader and saw Irina's work on A Cup of Jo ~ Great minds are onto something here!






4 comments:

  1. These are great - I so enjoyed looking at them. What a novel idea. I'd like to see if my sisters and I could try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too funny for words.... What a clever idea and what fun it will be to do with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a riot! I love this. I'm not sure that I'd have a sense of humor about seeing myself though! Ha...
    Have a good week - Oh, it's almost over. Where does time go? For example - I've been in this chair since 6 and it's now a few minutes before 11. Insane.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!