Friday, February 25, 2011

The Academy Awards


monique lhuillier
One of my favourite Sundays is almost here ! I love the Academy Awards, seeing everyone decked out and glamourous ~
Here are a few gowns that I would choose in a heartbeat...

monique lhuillier
I am REALLY liking Monique Lhuillier's dresses here...

oscar de la renta
According to Tim Gunn (and I agree), you can never go wrong with rich jewel tones, that will flatter everyone ~ isn't this blue stunning?

oscar de la renta
"Blush" is supposed to be a trend right now...but I have to say I love the lines of the black gown in the background !

oscar de la renta
What a beauty this one is...a little hard to get in and out of the limo though!

badgley mischka
I am a fuschia kind of girl...how I wish I had this to wear to an event I am going to tomorrow night!

badgley mischka
More blush...
You really have to have the right coloring to pull this shade off.

carolina herrera
So classy and elegant, I adore this one ~
These are just a few that caught my first glance, there are some big names that I missed and am sure will be present on Sunday...I can't wait to see!

The invite to the After Party 17 years ago when Wolfgang Puck first did the Governor's Ball ~ This was the year that I "worked" it, managing and overseeing the VIP section (s). It was so exciting, because I got to go to Bob Mackie and choose a gown for the night, and get fitted.
And this is what I chose...

Lovely photo in my hairdresser's hallway  ~  It was beaded, and so heavy! I was exhausted at the end of the day, but what an experience...Quite exciting!!

And here he is, 17 years later, still doing the most exciting event there is!

To start, there will be platters of sushi, shrimp,, oysters and crab, trays of salmon, tuna tartar, with black truffle pizzas and Kobe beef burgers being tray passed...
The First Course will be a trio of Wolfgang's signature salads...
Artichoke salad with confit of  tomato, heirloom beet salad with oranges and almonds, and asparagus with Iberico ham,black truffle aioli and mizuna leaves
Followed by Pan Roasted Dover Sole and Vegetable Paella
The stunning desserts by Pastry Chef extraordinaire Sherry Yard were influenced by the theme of the evening ~ The Copacabana ...
layers of lemon cheesecake, raspberry cremieux, cassis gelee, served with a 24 karat chocolate Oscar. And if that isn't enough, there is a 24 foot long chocolate bar overflowing with temptation....

Are you planning on watching? 
Enjoy!

Nathalie

photos via gofugyourself,abcnews,esquire,myself

5 comments:

  1. Oh La La .. you looked stunning !! what a wonderful time you must have had!!! I love the Oscar's too and can't wait for Sunday.. Happy week-end..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Divine! All of it! Love that blue dress and you look fabulous in red, dahling! What an exciting job. You must have loved it.
    I try never to miss the Oscars. I will think of you while I'm cozied up in front of the Red Carpet!
    ciao,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the excitement!!! I have chills. And you looked absolutely gorgeous. I know that night must have been stressful but, WOW! What a night, what a memory, what a story. Happy Oscar Night. Prepared your speech yet?
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lalalalalala que elegante!!!!
    très très très chic!!!
    great post! and happy happy Oscar night!!
    A big hug,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the most beautiful gown is the one you wore that night 17 years ago. You look fabulous! What a night to remember.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!