Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions....

Resolutions...Do you make them?  Do you keep them? I am torn... do I take the time to write them out? Perhaps if I got this tres charmante petite little booklet by Quotes and Notes I would be more in the "mood"!

I purchased this wonderful item for my husband for Christmas... and had a special message embossed into the wood on the inside cover. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a special gift for Valentines Day... So simple and yet so heartfelt and special...I think one of the best gifts yet, he was really very touched ~
And it was a nice reminder  as I filled it in...

Aren't these so sweet! You can get these here.

Anyhow back to the resolutions....
I think they are pretty much the same every year, in one form or another.This year I started writing out goals at the beginning of the week, and then doing a daily goal list...I think that for me that worked better, breaking it down into small daily steps instead of just the generic "lose weight", "exercise", "eat healthier", " get more sales", "relax more"...you get the picture ~

What works for you? Do you do the "Resolutions"? It was so funny, I did a school board for my son's 4th grade class, and asked them to write out 11 things they wanted to do in 2011... How refreshing to read their responses!

~ Make model ships and sink them in the pool...
~ I want to keep well for awhile...
~ To do more things for the homeless...
~ Eat the world's biggest piece of french toast...
~ For me to be more outgoing...
~ Buy 100 books...
~ Become far better than any archer...

I hope that your New Year is starting off Fresh and Fun!

Nathalie

9 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to post mine now. I've updated my blog look, so head over and check it out if you get a chance. Let me know what you think! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choices of gifts are inspired. I didn't write out my "resolutions" this year. Instead I thought about what my calendar would look like in my wildest dreams....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about them but haven't written them out yet. I'm thinking of writing out the most important ones this week, as a goal list. Particularly the ones that have to do with writing. Hope you had a fun NY'sEve in your jammies. The Chef and I stayed home too, cozy with a fabulous dinner for two, dessert, champagne and photos from travels past! We relived an England trip through photos and are always able to fill each other in on things the other has forgotten. A fun way to spend the evening.
    Happy New Year to you!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! May all your wishes come true...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, Happy New Year and what wonderful presents. I didn't make a New Year's resolution.. I think if you are going to make one you really need to believe it. Happy 2011. Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muchas felicidades para este año, dale vida a tus sueños y que la crisis económica
    pase de largo.

    ¡¡Feliz año 2011!!

    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love new years because it always feels like a new start. I usually write down resolutions...which speaking of, I still need to do!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new year's resolution is to try and take the time each day to meditate for 10 minutes and just relax - we'll see. I love what the Grade 4 children had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I were the resolution type. I think it's a bad thing that I'm not. If I could pick 2 in hopes I'd accomplish them it would be to be more positive and to read..read..read. I adore what the children wrote. As for you dear Nathalie I know you will make all of yours come true. Great post as always xo xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!