Saturday, January 22, 2011

LA Art Show ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

If you are in the Los Angeles area this weekend, (how I wish I were!), and are a fan of Henri Cartier-Bresson's ( I am!), you must stop by the 16th annual LA Art Show, which is there through  Sunday. My mother was there yesterday, and was raving about the exhibit "Rarely/Unseen," a collection of 35 never before seen prints by Henri Cartier-Bresson. The collection was curated by Peter Fetterman, and if you miss it I believe you can still see some of the prints at his gallery in Santa Monica at Bergamont Station.
She had just seen his Documentary a few days previous, and apparently many of the prints in the documentary are at the Show.
This reminded me of what a huge fan I am. I went on You Tube, where there are several excerpts from the documentary that you can see...what an intriguing man!

henri cartier-bresson, natchez, mississippi 1947
peter fetterman gallery
this is one of the new prints

the master himself

a penny for your thoughts?

simply fabulous...

oh to be the belle of the ball...

the grande dame herself...

to be young and care-free again...

oh marilyn...

I hope you will be enjoying some relaxation this weekend!

Nathalie

all photos by henri cartier-bresson via google

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of his photos ... that would be an amazing exhibit to see...wishing a wonderful week-end..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurrrrrve H C-B. Loved seeing shots I hadn't seen before either.
    Enjoy the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be there for sure. I got a book of Cartier-Bresson's portraits (not of him, but by him) for Christmas.
    In reply - Yes, it's a museum around here. No, can't sell them. Thanks for visiting!
    Hope you're feeling better....
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your lovely blog all the way from Spain. Gorgeous photos!This photographer is completely new for me, so wonderful to see. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful collection of images! Wish I was there, in LA of course but...am so far away :( Maybe another time...thanks for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. His photos are so incredibly expressive and beautiful. I would have loved to see that exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his work - would be so great to see this exhibition. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is one of the photography greats. How I wish I'd been there (and don't know how/why I missed this post!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!