Monday, January 10, 2011

Friendship

A true friend is the greatest of all blessings ~
Francois, Duc De La Rochefoucauld

I found out this morning that a very dear friend is moving...
Four of us found each other after moving to Las Vegas from different places, all of us with no family other than our own here ~
And we became family. Even though our children grew and went off to different schools, and we don't see each other on a daily basis, we still get together for birthdays and holidays...
I am sad and will miss her and her beautiful family.

This great photo above reminds me in feeling of our "foursome"...

Stop by Miss Kym's shop here to see some great digital downloads like the photo above.

I feel very blessed in my life to have so many great friends, near and far...
They are hard to come by, and I treasure you all

Have a great week,
Nathalie

6 comments:

  1. This is too cute. What a perfect pic for the post. Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathalie I so agree. TRUE friends are rare gems. How blessed you are to have 4 of them where you live. I remember that about living in Vegas. We were all from somewhere else and friendship weren't easy to find but when you did, you felt like family. I know though you will never let miles get between your bond.
    Happy new week my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalie... friends are the family we choose for ourselves. Especially when you have little family close by ... In canada I in terms of blood realtions I only have my mother, brother and sister .. (and they live 4 hours away)~ but through the wonderful world of friendship I have many, many, extended family members.. we get together to celebrate holidays, birthdays and special occassions. Without these extended family members life would be very lonely and scary.

    You are a wonderful and heart warming person ... though we have never met I just know it! You will keep in touch with your friend/family and writing to each other will warm both your hearts.

    xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet and thoughtful messages, thank you! Even though through blogging we may not know each other's faces, enjoy a glass (or two!) of wine together,the friendships developed through cyberspace are just as special and cherished ~ the fun part is when the cosmos bring you together to meet, which does happen ~ and I look forward to that day with all of you!

    xo Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nathalie,
    It is sad when a friend moves away but it makes getting together even sweeter. And these days, email and skype make keeping in touch so much easier. After all, I feel like you are a friend and we have never even met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a timely post for me. True friendship is so rare. I've lived long periods of my life without finding 'real' friendship. My old friends back home were just amazing. I was reading their old letters to me just the other day, and they were so filled with love. I'd forgotton what that kind of friendship was like. Too bad you don't live closer...but isn't it great that we've met this way?
    Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!