Saturday, October 16, 2010

Colazione da Tiffany

I absolutely love this picture, for many reasons ~ Of course the obvious, the icon and the movie... My sister's name is Tiffany.. I got this in my favourite city, Roma (it was an invite to a party at a club )... how fun the title is in Italian ... and then of course the obvious once again, the Store itself.
In one of my previous incarnations, in the eighties, when money flowed, I was lucky enough to be the recipient of many Tiffany & Co. gifts (no I was not that kind of girl!). I would often exchange duplicates in for Tiffany coins, and then save them up for a larger purchase. And how fun that was! Not quite Holly Golightly on a Breakfast at Tiffany scale, but it was wonderful for me ~
I just came across some of the leather line that Tiffany unveiled in September, designed by Lambertson Truex... Exquisite! I love the way they have incorporated the Tiffany blue into each piece, in particular the linings.
Oh how I wish I had a little sack of those coins right now, I would love one of these pieces!

photos via google, Tiffany & Company

4 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful ....from one Tiffany gal to another ... I wish I had a sack of those little coins too!!!XO HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not one of those kind of girls..hah..ha. It would of never crossed my mind Nathalie!!

    Oh..to just walk into one of their iconic stores? I'm with you, that photo just encapsulates a great era & a great woman. I've been so bad @ blogging, I've got blogging neck from hunching over my laptop & tried to take a break. I feel like I've been on an island somewhere! Hope you and the family are all doing well. I hear the weather there was terrific today. Thanks for always being such a loyal friend. Hugs xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalie, we all live many lives these days, Tiffany can certainly stay with us though. Love the image with Audrey, and the purses are delightful1

    I have a Luxurious New Giveaway on my site....Come and enter!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab poster. I just watched Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn yesterday. She was so beautiful and so very elegant.
    And I too am a Tiffany girl at heart. The purses are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!