Friday, October 29, 2010

Black Tie...

I was told late last night that I will be attending a Black Tie Event tomorrow ~ Help!
Usually I have several weeks or months to torment over what to wear...
And then, it is the never ending question of, what exactly is "Black Tie" for women? In San Francisco I know what Black Tie is...similar I would imagine to NYC. However, in Los Angeles and here in Las Vegas, definitions change, and really from what I have seen, almost anything goes. For myself, I love the classics, and would take any excuse to wear a ballgown.
I do have a closet full of dress clothes from past lives, but now it is always the dilemma of what fits right anymore ~ sigh. I wish I could run right over to Neiman Marcus and pick out something fun and fabulous...
St. John Satin Gown, above

I really Love anything by Marchesa...

These are to die for!
Pedro Garcia Satin Mary Jane

This is so beautiful, I would like it a tad longer though...my mini days are done.
Oscar de la Renta Petal Dress

Accessorize... These are drop dead gorgeous!
Jose and Maria Barrera Crystal Chandelier Earrings

Most likely I will end up in something like this, with some vintage Chanel jewelry.
Armani Collezioni Matte Jersey Dress

I really like the flattering arms and neckline here, also the length is nice ~
Redux Charles Chung Lima Sequined Chiffon Dress

I'm off to my closet since shopping isn't an option at the moment...wish me luck!
I will be attending the Gala Dinner for The Wine Spectators' New World Wine Experience at The Venetian ~
What is Black Tie like where you live???

All photos via Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will look beautiful, whatever you wear, Nathalie. Hope you have a lovely time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like the little black cocktail dress. Never seems to go out. In fact, I asked a friend recently what she was wearing to husband's movie premier in NYC and she was going for the very same! What did you end up with? I'm sure it was stunning! We know your taste! Hope it was fun.
    xoxo~ Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!