Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cruising in Technicolour


1957 Lincoln Premiere
Can you imagine (or maybe remember) the days when the streets were vibrant with colour and design? I would love to see a picture of the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles during peak commute time in these days! Add a few modern touches like good AC ( a necessity in the desert), and I would take one of these beauties in a heartbeat...





1960 DeSoto Fireflite
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible
1958 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1958 Dodge Custom Sierra
1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V Four Door Landau
1953 Studebaker Commander
1956 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe de Ville
Have a wonderful week,
Nathalie

all photos via google

9 comments:

  1. The Studebaker for me. Love those curves and white wall tyres. Although the Chevrolet Bel Air by the sea promises so much.... (PS I think my hubbie would love you)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days! That Studebaker is one classy vehicle.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh weren't those just the days of oversized parking spaces? What a fabulous blast from the past I would have loved to have seen ...
    Très gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always lusted after a studebaker hawk. I got the next best thing an Australian Valiant circa 1964. Great post, great style. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree...cars were just too sexy back then. now they all look the same!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!