Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Art Of Collage At It's Best

Red & Blue (Detail of Blue) 2010

I love collage, and I love books and maps...The incredible work of Matthew Cusick combines all of these in such an amazing way! From a distance, you cannot see the detail and amazing artistry that goes into each piece, but up close, you see how he has combined maps, book pages, and acrylic on wood panels to seamlessly make these beauties. You can visit his website here to see more, and if you are near Dallas you can see his exhibition "Defacements: A Collection of Altered Book Images" at The Free  Museum of Dallas.
More inspiration for me...Just what I need, more projects to add to my pile...but I think I might be better purchasing his art, I am not sure if I would have enough vision and/or patience!
What do you think of his work?
Transamerican 2004
Charlie's Angels 2009
Kara's Wave 2009
Red & Blue (Detail of Red) 2010
Chasing the Dragon 2006
Fiona's Wave 2006
Geronimo 2007
Maps and Atlas pages on wood panel

First Seen on Flavorwire
All images from Matt Cusick's website

9 comments:

  1. Now that is original creative art!!! The last one is just fabulous!! XO HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- these are great! I am a huge supporter of using material that is re purposed-
    I love all art really-
    It is so lovely to 'meet' you!
    That glass fortune is beautiful-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love art with books and maps. This is lovely work. Have a dolce weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! My favorites are the ocean waves! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! So many excellent finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very impressive - love the one of the waves!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!