Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are You Obsessed With The Right Things?

I ran into these images from the Breast Cancer Foundation of Singapore on The Cool Hunter and was quite taken with them. What a brilliant way to get women thinking about being more aware. The print ads were done with Kryolan body paint by illustrator Andy Yang Soo, and photographed by Allan Ng.
The message...for women to focus more on health instead of obsessing over pimples, bad hair, and weight. A very good message indeed! And I myself find myself guilty...
Time to shape up and do those monthly exams :)

I want to thank all of you dear blogging friends out there for your comments, in particular I was very touched yesterday by the great response and support over my little achievements. I don't know any of you, and yet I do. I enjoy very much the camraderie that goes on over cyberspace...pen pals of sorts....

merci, grazie, thank you all who stop by to visit

AND...
If you've got 'em, don't forget to check your boobs!
Nathalie

9 comments:

  1. Sorry Nathalie, I didn't realize I wasn't following you. I thought I was and I have loads of catching up to do!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post and the message and body paint! And I'm so with you: the blog friendships + support are just downright dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... and the art work is priceless.. HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a creative way to send this message across!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's hear it for clever cleavage!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boobs. We gotta take care of 'em!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really eye-catching and clever ads. And of course, good advertising DOES get to us, which is in part why we worry about weight and bad hair :) But the msg of these ads is much more meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are amazing! Guess I need to get out more. I never see this kind of stuff (unless in France)! Love the messages.
    K.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!