Friday, August 27, 2010

A $35 Million Glass Pavilion

I do prefer open homes as opposed to dark, closed in rooms...
And this Montecito home designed by LA architect Steve Hermann is truly a knockout. The 13,875 square foot home with walls of glass brings nature inside. And no worries about your privacy, because it is nicely situated on 3.5 acres of stunning California real estate.
I wonder what a movie on a rainy night would be like ?
Fireplace going...

The Art Gallery contains his vintage car collection.

I would hope that the floors are heated...I do like a cosy bathroom.

There are 5 bedrooms and five and a half baths.
I have to say, one of my favourite rooms is the kitchen, with the wine room attached...but I couldn't pull the picture off of the slide show, be sure to click the link below to see more of the house!

Recently put on the market for 35 million...
To see more, visit here.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
All photos from Yahoo and the Wall Street Journal








7 comments:

  1. WOW - That is quite something! I can't even begin to imagine living in a place like that. Not sure how comfortable I'd feel bathing in the bathroom though - hopefully it's only one way glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow spectacular ... it certainly gives a new prespective on "he who lives in a glass house, should not cast the first stone"... thank you for sharing such a true work of art!!HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a sleek modernist house! But where are the family photos and the deleterious of a happy home?
    A big congrats on your Etsy success. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My home has 70% glass and I cannot imagine living in any other sort of home, well maybe this one. Swanky!
    Congrats on your etsy site.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so open looking! I think it would take a while to get use to living in such an open space. It is a beautiful place though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I must show this to my boyfriend he would love it. He is mad about modern and open houses. This one is amazing thanks. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw this on yahoo! i think it's a beautiful house, but i can't really imagine myself living there. i'd love to be a guest there, though, haha. ;)

    p.s. i am a new follower. hope you can come check out my blog too! thanks!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!