Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bellagio Conservatory...Beating the Heat

Since I am not going to Kensington Gardens (sigh) I decided to got to the Bellagio to visit the Conservatory and get out of our 115 temps. Changed seasonally, this is a must see for any visitors to Vegas. The cast bronze ant sculptures are by American artist Susan P.Cochran, the bees and snails are made of flowers, but my favourites were the sculpted Sevillano Olive trees. This gathering here is the largest collection shown publicly anywhere (there are less than 2,000 at the present time in the world). And then of course the magnificent ceiling by Dale Chihuly never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I've seen it...














Dale Chihuly's blown glass ceiling at Bellagio
Have a great weekend!

all images...me










6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Images!!!! We are planning a trip to Vegas in September!! Can't wait to see that wonderful display ... happy Sunday my friend HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome! I wasn't aware of this place. oh, and NO I never handle the heat ok. Humans just weren't made to live in a desert man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious riot of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful place, Nathalie. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I visited the Bellagio when I went to LV during my summer vacay three years ago. Such a fantastic place! Next time I go there, I'd love to stay at that hotel, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!