Thursday, April 8, 2010

SAFE with Karl Lagerfeld

"Narcissus"...the most expensive home safe in the world, designed by no other than Karl Lagerfeld...
You had better move quick, they are made to order and limited to an edition of 30...now available at LA Closet Design in West Hollywood, for about $340,000. Made by the German safe manufacturer Dottling, it weighs 1760 pounds, and is about 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide. The exterior is chrome plated aluminum, and it has "owner recognition technology", which opens up two handcrafted interior cabinets that pop out from the sides...
Leave it to Karl...I wish I had enough treasures to fill this up!
photo credit: Karl Lagerfeld/Dottling

3 comments:

  1. I think if I was in a position where I needed such a safe I would be in a constant state of paranoia and anxiety. Not that I'm not in that state anyway!

    Congratulations on your Etsy front page mention.

    I don't know why your page won't update for me. I'm going to try deleting it from my sidebar until tomorrow and then try it again. Maybe I'm re-adding it before it has a chance to do whatever it is those things do. I will definitely remember to put you back on the list. Thanks, Nathalie.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathalie,

    I have problems with your page updating too...
    Not sure how I'd feel about Karl watching my every move either ;-) Nor about having a life sized photo of myself scaring me every day!!

    Nah - give me my freedom and unlocked doors in the evening.
    hahahaha!
    Lovely week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nathalie, that is some designer safe. Thanks so much for your very kind comment and visit and I hope you will come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!