Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beaches on the Brain

Thinking about bathing suits got me thinking about beaches. My whole life I have lived on or near a beach, so it is pretty surprising that I have lived for 5 years now in the middle of the desert. The ocean, or any body of water is so peaceful and mesmerizing. But I have been surprised to find that I get the same feeling being surrounded by beautiful mountains...at least, almost!
Here are a few of my favourite spots that I have been to or lived. Above is Lanikai beach on Oahu...I lived for 10 years in Hawaii as a child, and spent every weekend on this beach...the sand is the softest whisper of powder. I always said that when I grew up I would have a house on this beach... There's still time, I haven't quite grown up yet!
Where are your favourite spots?

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to have lived near beaches. It's only ever something I associate with holidays. Loved the idea of it though. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanikai is so beautiful! I love almost any beach, Nathalie. Thanks so much for your sweet comment today and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalie, Here I am in the middle of the French countryside and it's been 15 years since I've lived by the sea. I too tell myself that I'll go back when I grow up...Surely that will be sometime soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!